Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tuesday treadmill

0.5hr. treadmill run (zone 2). Fairly pleasant, actually, after all my grumbling and groaning recently about running on the treadmill.

(Though it was not for my great peace of mind that I did just five minutes at what would be my notional fastest-possible marathon pace, which is not very fast as far as regular running goes, and could not currently imagine running even six miles at that pace, let alone 26.4! ARGHHHHHH. Time to start doing some proper run training--I realize that the main reason I was running fairly fast in the fall was that all runs with training partner S. were basically lactate threshold work!)

Quite sore second toes on both feet from Sunday's run, must see what I can do about that. I cannot switch up to a bigger size of shoe, I already have half a size larger than actual foot size to have room for evil anti-bunion-measure orthotics and the fit will stop working if I get bigger ones. I am reluctant to change models when they otherwise seem to suit me well, but I may have to consider it...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the half hour was better spent than the last dreadmill episode!

Becca said...

I actually think a half hour is optimum for treadmill.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

You don't talk about the nature of the soreness so I don't know what's going on...but of course I'm insane for Injinji socks. Generally, I don't get sore toes when I wear them. If the heads of your toes get sore, that might be because your shoes are too long. Maybe you don't need a longer show; maybe you need a wider width. Have you had your gait analyzed? Just some thoughts!