Saturday, September 1, 2012

Blissful day of exercise!

Can't explain why I am so guiltlessly doing what I like all day, except as to say that I'm in state of suspension before school starts, hard to concentrate on other work and yet not a good deal to do for my classes, given they're both things I've taught before.  On list of things to be grateful for, let's put high up (1) the fact that I can chew on the right side of my mouth again for the first time since dental woes began in late July and (2) the copy shop has handed over to me the originals of the two course readers I had begun to fear I would have to reproduce from scratch! 

Rode my bike down to Chelsea Piers at 7:30 for notional 8am Beast, but G. was nowhere in sight, so I did a very good workout on the sand volleyball court with another "cadet" (the sort of hard workout I can't really force myself to do on my own but that is easy if there is someone else for me to boss around as well as myself!).  Had some breakfast in the cafe, then 10 am spin; left as stretching commenced, had super-swift shower and change into dry gear for 11am restorative yoga, which is more like a meditation class than an exercise class & which is freezingly cold if you're in sweat-soaked spin gear.  Then went for lunch at cheap lunch place and read an old Lee Child novel for a while back at the Chelsea Piers cafe (was leaving coast clear at home for the woman who cleans my apartment - she usually comes on a Tuesday, but had to do Saturday for some reason this week).

10 miles round-trip bike
1hr boot camp
1hr spin
1hr restorative yoga

No comments: