Monday, March 9, 2015

Deadlifts!

After my calamitous weekend, it was clear to me that though it might sound ill-proportioned/selfish/inappropriate, the ONLY thing I wanted was to get home in time today to go to my early evening deadlifting session at Chelsea Piers. AND IT WAS GOOD. I have hardly slept the last few nights, and was feeling a bit queasy as I headed over there, but as soon as I started exercising, I felt great. We are taking this lifting business very cautiously to prevent injury, but I easily did 4 x 2 x 145 after some extended warming up at lighter weights and I feel pretty sure that I could get a one-rep max in the 200lb range. Then some walking lunges and "hip thrusts" (like a bridge only raising up and down), and then 7 x prowler sled push! (Something like 27sec work, 3 sec turning the sled round, 1:30 recovery. This is the most amazing aerobic exercise.)

Devoutly hoping I might get some SLEEP tonight as it will certainly smooth the passage of my day tomorrow...

1hr deadlifts/lower body

No comments: