Saturday, March 7, 2015

Spin!

That was very good - I picked the interval, and we did 6 x 5min climbs (some seated, some standing, various progressions), with six delicious bursts of lactate-related queasiness as I hit the red zone! Extremely enjoyable. It is hard to explain why this kind of queasy is good (you are glad when it recedes), but I seem to have had a lot of queasy over the last few months either from actual stomach bug or more often from stress and fatigue - the contrast is striking....

I am somewhat under-exercised, and I am devoutly intending to have a better plan to get myself through the tough late winter months next year (the problem is that they coincide so thoroughly with a demanding work schedule - the one or the other, I can cope with, but the combination of the two is lethal). That said, the powerlifting has gotten me through this stretch as well as could be expected - we do enough conditioning in our workouts that I am hoping it will not be horrendous as I pick back up running again. Ready for snow to melt and temperatures to rise above freezing!

1hr spin!

No comments: