Friday, May 29, 2015

Compromise long workout!

I am laughing, really I had a cockamamie scheme earlier in the week that I was going to get up at 4am so that I could do my 2hr run before it gets light outside (it was prevented from being a COMPLETELY implausible plan by dint of the crucial detail that I would then go back to bed!). But I got home last night after a very lovely dinner and cocktails at Max's new restaurant Casa 43, it wasn't much after 8 but I was deathly tired and it seemed extremely clear that early rising was NOT on the cards and that I would have to resort to the treadmill....

... but long treadmill running is intolerable at current fitness! Embarked on it gamely, but after 5 very slow and yet hot and uncomfortable minutes, I made another compromise, put the speed to 3.5mph and the incline to 5% and tromped it out that way. It is a good workout, HR's a bit lower than jogging but on the other hand I think it's a much better workout for the legs than running c. 5mph.

Anyway, 2hr (7mi) @ 3.5mph, 5%

No comments: