Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Run!

Just a short one. I DESPISE GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING (I have a funny colleague on the tenure committee I spend so much time on, a very distinguished scientist who says regularly, of one of the measures we use to evaluate the productivity and influence of scientists, "I DESPISE the h-index" - I DESPISE GETTING UP IN THE MORNING!). But it has to be done if I want to run outside, which is much superior to running on the treadmill. In fact it was quite pleasant - I wasn't really awake properly until the twenty-minute mark, at which point I was two-thirds of the way done!

Mantra for this week is just GET OUT THERE AND DO SOMETHING - trying for two workouts a day when schedule permits - exercise makes me very happy (or perhaps it is that I only do this much exercise when I am relatively free from other obligations?).

Toying with the idea of a seven-day running streak - it seems attainable (famous last words?)....

:32 as 3:1 jog-walk

No comments: