Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday run

5 miles in Central Park with Triathlete L.

I am laughing at myself now, because I cannot have it both ways: I can do slow running by myself and never get any faster and grumble about it but on the whole enjoy it; or I can seek out training partners who are faster than I am and fight to keep up! Triathlete L. (as distinct from long-time training partner L.) has running times that sort of sound like mine, only I get mine by training ultra-scrupulously and she gets hers by being an incredibly talented all-round athlete with a serious background in cycling and swimming!

It is good, we won't run again till September but I'm thinking I can line her up for a solid mid-week running commitment for the foreseeable future - that is the way to stay on-program with training!

(It is very warm and muggy, we were not actually running very fast, but I was definitely working hard. Harder than I would if I'd been running by myself, for sure, on a hot evening in particular; good.)

No comments: