Thursday, February 9, 2012

Best run ever!

This calf stretching regimen is amazing - really since the end of the summer I've been hampered by that stiff calf, it was luxurious not to have to stop and stretch while running.  The regimen is slightly arduous and I have definitely missed it a couple days due to leaving it too late and not having vim for it, but I will make it a priority for the foreseeable future.

Beautiful day for a run - about 40, sunny and mild, virtually no wind.  Broke the run into 10-minute segments and walked every tenth minute, more for mental than physical respite, but I don't think it was strictly necessary: I feel like I'm getting my running groove back, and that is good.

Next three weeks are intensely and extremely busy, so I'm not sure that I'll really be able to maintain a weekly long run, but if I can squeeze one in I will. I also basically promised Mark that I would not overdo Sunday exercise and compromise quality of our Monday-morning workouts, so that's the other factor that makes me want to have the long run happen Wed.-Fri. (if I am intending to do double spin on Saturday morning).

1.5hr run (c. 8 miles)

2 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

Regimens 'R' Us

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Maybe I should try the patented Brent Calf Technique for my calfs! My Achilles tendon in particular is always tight and has been for a long time...