Monday, February 20, 2012

Plans

Too tired/overextended to exercise this evening: I'm working out with Mark tomorrow at 8am in any case so it seemed wise to rest up in preparation.  But I have just signed on for a bit of an escapade: Brent, myself and Brent's 83-year-old father are now registered for the Ottawa half-marathon at the end of May.  Brent's dad has a number of health problems, but he is a stalwart long-distance walker (in his youth he walked across a huge swatch of Canada and did things like 15-mile endurance swims, not sure about details but it's not an exaggeration!), and I got the idea in my head that the three of us walking a race together would be a treat I could organize...

(And the registration site doesn't seem to be up yet, but I'm leaning towards signing on for a serious half-marathon the week before that - I think it will focus my mind to have something to train for, and though I'll still be slowish, I've got to start somewhere - the Brooklyn Half Marathon on May 19.)

No comments: