Monday, February 3, 2014

CRAZY SNOWINESS!

I have a Monday-morning meeting but otherwise it is really my best day of the week this semester for making sure I get in a double exercise session - I was undaunted by snow (really for the asthma sufferers it is better to run in not-so-freezing-but-snowy weather than the alternative - the really cold run I had a week and a half ago left my lungs sub-par for three or four days, which is not good - I feel I narrowly avoided getting sick again). However it was REALLY snowy! I left an extra fifteen minutes, with prior experience suggesting that most of the way along the west side path would have been cleared at least in some preliminary fashion, but this was far from the case! (Possibly due to change of mayor?) Anyway, it was INSANE getting from here to about 65th St. - like running through heavy sand - my lower calves and feet were extremely sore, and I think I might have broken my hamstrings! After that not so bad, but I was worried about not getting there in time - GORGEOUS though esp. in the deserted upper bit of park near me.

1:17 "run" (that's almost 20 minutes slower than it normally would be!)
:40 spin

Horrible getting home on the subway - it is horrendously crowded, and huge piles of slush at street crossings - unfortunately I do have to go out again later....

No comments: