Sunday, May 24, 2015

Ride!

First time I have been on a bicycle since my 70.3 in September, I am ashamed to say! And I haven't been doing any indoor cycling either - in retrospect, I could have aimed for something a little shorter....

(Was shooting for 3hr, but started making deals with myself only about an hour in that if I reached my "end point" at the Frank Sound junction somewhat short of the hour, I didn't have to eke out the last little bit. It was an arduous ride - very windy right from the start, and only with a little reprieve at the very end, by which point my feet were sore and my hands were numb and I was generally just very ready to be off the bike! Also, note to self - fine to go out on empty stomach and water, but waiting to stop at the Frank Sound gas station is too long - I could tell from the sheer utter nectar-like deliciousness of the orange Gatorade I had there, around the 1:40 mark, that I should have taken in calories half an hour sooner....)

2:45, wasn't using Garmin so not quite sure about distance (slow, though - riding into wind 90% of time!)

No comments: