Thursday, May 21, 2015

Squats!

I have been grumpy about not running due to pollen, but it wasn't a bad idea to have well-rested legs. Interesting session today, really fairly satisfying - my technique has come a LONG way, still not there as a default but I switch into the right mode periodically. We didn't test for a true max, Josh is a very cautious and sensible coach who will prefer to build my mental confidence, but this weight feels pretty light still, I am sure I can really heave a lot more than it - I am still popping back up pretty quickly. So - solid 135 which we did a lot of times now, and on the NEXT ten-week cycle I will try and get a better sense of a real current max....

(So deadlift is 241 - with a little wiggle room; I think I could have had a true max a little heavier, but no reason to risk it - true bench is 115 and asterisked bench is 125 - provisional squat at 135 but with already more strength, just still working on technique and mental confidence.)

IT IS GOOD!

Cayman early tomorrow, I am hoping lung ailment will have fully retreated such that I can have high-volume SPA WEEK.... (which in my case involves exercise rather than "treatments" of any particular sort!)

1.25hr lower body

No comments: