Monday, September 25, 2017

DL!

This day seems to have started a very long time ago! But I have survived. Had decided after last week that I'd take a taxi from campus to Chelsea Piers if I needed to, but in the event I was done lecturing at 3:45 (it is incredibly hot! students looked as though they were about to pass out!) and felt that on balance I could cope with the idea of subway and bus travel (not least because of notorious yellow-taxi dislike for turning on the AC). Got to the gym with a good ten or fifteen minutes to spare, that was nice, and had a very reasonable workout. Only did the 2 main work pieces (there was a circuit and some abs), and reduced reps on main set - used rest of the time to stretch, then showered and cabbed it home. (That was the other part of not cabbing it earlier - I am surely not SUCH a fragile flower that I have to take cabs in both directions, and being whisked home is so pleasant....)

Deadlift work set: 1 x 5 @ 144, 2 x 3 @ 180, 3 x 4 (should have been 8, but I could feel a lot of tightness and slight soreness in right hamstring, didn't want to strain anything) @ 180.

Hex bar: 2 x 15 @ 125

+ stretching

No comments: