Monday, October 30, 2017

I knew Friday and Saturday would be hopeless; Sunday I did have hopes, travel went smoothly (3:15am wakeup call is brutal, but I was home by 8:30 in the morning, went back to sleep till midday), spent afternoon lying in bed feeling utterly tapped out and when it came down to it I just couldn't make myself get up and out - the weather was truly atrocious, I don't feel that rain usually discourages me but gale-force winds start making me neurotically worry about falling tree branches in the park!

ANYWAY today it was clear that I had better muster all energy just to get through the work day - two minor disasters, but lecture was fine which is the important thing, came home and huddled in bed finishing a crime novel but could not miss the chance for a run, it is rare for me to miss three days in a row even and a fourth would be inexcusable, especially given how beautiful the weather was by the end of the day (mid-50s, sunny, brisk). So: 30 easy as 4:1.

(I'm hoping to get back to powerlifting next Monday, as I have Monday and Tuesday as a school holiday - I had originally thought today might be the day, but self-assessment yesterday told me that was a very bad idea! As previously noted, the trouble is getting to and fro more than the workout itself - particularly getting there on Mondays immediately post-lecture takes fortitude and focus that I do not currently have.)

No comments: