Saturday, July 28, 2018

Friday/Saturday

Alas, no yoga yesterday, the inactivity/sitting/missed PT of earlier in the week left things all kinda lit up - I did PT early Friday morning and it was clear to me that yoga was contraindicated. Talked myself out of early-morning swimming (because I'd already showered, under the impression that I'd do yoga later - no, this was NOT a sufficient reason, hopping in the shower for quick rinse is not a big deal) - then later it was a downpour with thunder and it was clearly not going to happen. Stern thoughts on run this morning that I must do the cardio first thing in the am whether or not it is a run day! (We are right on the beach, I am not super-keen on this stretch for swimming - it's very safe, very shallow, rather too warm - but it is super-easy to access, with a funny-shaped pool to warm up in if I want to do some drill, and the gym is 1 block away. I have no excuses!)

Anyway, very nice early stint of 60 minutes as 1:1 jog walk. Had a huge smile on my face throughout, it's so nice - lizards and baby chicks and beautiful flowers and greeting other runners and cyclists with "Good morning!"

No comments: