Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Tuesday

Very very nice 1hr easy and early as 1:1 jog-walk, then an excellent book session at Cafe del Sol. Liked the first forty mins or so of the ashtanga class (it was a 2hr introduction to the full primary sequence), but my cheeriness was deflated once we left behind the standing sequence and moved into the seated ones. My body just isn't suited to it - especially just now, as back and hip were very sore by halfway through (and I think I am going to get on the heating pad once I've showered, hope I have not done something that will trigger a real setback!), but I suspect it appeals mainly to those who are naturally flexible. So my curiosity was partly satisfied (I would like to observe a "real" class sometime and would love to read more about these different styles of yoga and their genealogies), but really I feel no need to pursue!

No comments: