Monday, October 22, 2007

Dublin run

I'm insanely jet-lagged all of a sudden--when I got home this afternoon around 2:45 (having only slept four hours last night in any case due to insomnia, and after a long day of traveling), I was all bursting with energy & thought I would go and do a skills swim this evening (I am never going to learn how to do that dolphin kick reliably unless I practice it a lot more than I've been doing!), but it suddenly dawned on me around 5:20 as I sat in a classroom for an Important Work-Related Activity that this was quite simply direly inadvisable. Some catch-up blogging, some student e-mails, some SLEEP!

I have taken an annoyingly large number of days off, but it was unavoidable. And I did have my nice run on Sunday morning in Dublin. It seems low-minded to provide statistics, really I was soaking up the atmosphere, but I did 9.2 miles, average HR 142, average pace 10:00. Very enjoyable run indeed, really leisurely, only marred by the fact of extreme hunger starting around mile 3, my stomach was actually growling--it is difficult to eat at all the right things while traveling!

Back on proper track tomorrow, I think... 6am swim tomorrow, 7pm seven- to eight-mile run with the Aspirational Sub-2:00 Club...

No comments: