Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Yoga, rationalization

A good yoga class, though the forward bends we were working on for most of the class make me feel painfully untalented: tight hamstrings and calves are not an asset... Fortunately we ended with some shoulder-stands which are much more my kind of thing, so I walked out with better morale than I would have had about twenty-five minutes earlier.

Then I got home and had bicycle-related rationalization and did not do my bike trainer ride! (E-mail and internet-related business/time-wasting; not well-fueled enough to exercise; have to go to Fancy Function 6-8 and could not face having to shower first.) Really I just didn't quite want to, that's the fact of the matter. OK--had planned 3 treadmill miles at gym after 6-7am swim tomorrow, but I hereby promise myself that I will instead come home and do at least 35 minutes on the trainer. I teach at 9, so there should be plenty of time, even for necessary coffee-ingestion post-workout...

(I must ride at least once before my lesson on Saturday, it's my swimming teacher's trainer on loan and I must be able to tell her I am making good use of it! In fact if I did half an hour also on Friday after swimming, that would be good too...)

No comments: