Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Demon robots!

It was a day of epically triaspirational procrastination. The weather was very nice, I thought optimistically I might actually ride outside, only when I got home at one I did what I have done pretty much every Wednesday this semester (my teaching week is tiringly front-loaded, I kind of go crazy working from Monday to Wednesday midday...), which is collapse into bed and sleep for three hours!

Then I went and did a triaspirational errand, which initially made me feel very accomplished: I purchased a pedal wrench and a number of CO2 cartridges with a pump! However when I got home, I realize that really I have bought the wrong thing--I have a small frame pump already, I only needed the cartridges and mini-pump, and this one is a different size so I cannot substitute it for the one I already have (nor will the CO2 inflator attach to the existing frame pump). It cost $30, so I should take it back to the store, only that takes us into the territory where round-trip subway fare plus time spent are actually not worth it, I will just order the thing I really need online and see if I can make it over there in some not-inconvenient-and-several-hours-blowing way. At least I have the pedal wrench...

And then I meant to have a longer trainer ride, but it was one thing after another and I left it rather late, so I have just had a one-Buffy instead of two-Buffy ride. Zone 1: I simply cannot seem to get my HR high enough if I am not doing Spinervals. Hmmmm...

(A good episode, Willow meets a lovely fellow online only he turns out to be the Demon Moloch released from a medieval book onto the internet via a scanner!)

Tomorrow will almost certainly be a more productive day, but I am sorry to have wasted today's riding opportunity, that was not much of a workout. I will try not to have another wasted one like this--if I am going to do it indoors, I should have higher-intensity Spinervals and at least be building fitness...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm is right! (Although there is nothing wrong with a zone 1 ride or swim on occasion!)