Thursday, April 17, 2008

Further afterthought

Once I suggested, as a joke, that I should keep a running tally in the sidebar of how much money I spend each week on triathlon--Wendy thought it would be funny and interesting, but I thought I would be ashamed!

Which I mention because another notional triathlon-related expense this week is that I left my watch in the pool locker last night. I meant to go back today and search for it, only I forgot--I have a strong feeling it will be altogether gone by tomorrow. We will see...

I was more upset when I left a bathing suit & cap and goggles there one night this summer. I went back about five times to look for them, it was not good judgment. If this watch is not in the lost-and-found or the locker when I go there tomorrow, I am writing it off and getting another one...

(I left its identical predecessor on a treadmill at the gym last spring. I am not actually especially careless with my possessions, usually I do not particularly lose things--I have slightly just mentally assigned triathlon some tithe of lost things, I think it is unavoidable when one is often changing from one set of things to another in a non-home environment...)

Triathlon is an expensive hobby! But we will hope the spirit of triathlon is appeased by my sacrifice and grants me prosperous racing conditions in May...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I still think it would be funny and interesting!

And I hope some honest person puts your watch in the lost and found. (I believe I am littering this hemisphere with water bottles. Luckily I am just reusing bottles I have bought things in!)

Dances with Corgis said...

I like your sentiments on how it will hopefully yield prosperous racing conditions :)