Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday run

A particularly delightful run this morning with S. (Who says his wife H. always asks him, "But what do you two talk about when you run?" S.: "There's not much conversation, really--just a lot of heavy breathing!")

I was feeling tired and hay-feverish beforehand, but as soon as we got going, it was great. Just the right effort level for pure enjoyment--hard but not too hard.

I think that my HR range for Zone 2 has really gone significantly up--I was in the low 160s during various stretches, and certainly breathing harder than I would on a long slow run, but still feeling very much physically comfortable.

Mmmmm, speedwork in late May and June, I am looking forward to it...

7.1mi., 1:05:46, HR avg 159, pace avg. 9:13, pace max 5:49 (probably for about 2 seconds only and on a downhill, but still! We had a good finish-line run, too...)

No comments: