Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday run

A nice brisk one with S. Just over five miles--we took the clockwise loop from Runner's Grove, went fairly hard round the north end of the park and stopped for water at Engineer's Gate in hearty agreement that we should run the rest of it slower! Cut back across the 72nd St. transverse instead of doing the full six-mile loop.

Very enjoyable, particularly once it was over!

5.06 miles, avg pace 9:40, max pace 7:08

(Not giving avg HR because I do not believe what the device tells, really we were in the upper 150s and low 160s for most of the run, this is reflected in the device's lap-end heartrates, it was simply not HR avg 151--I think the device has a messed-up algorithm, it has not been behaving properly recently...)

I know I say this very regularly, I am a creature of habit and I like my days to be fairly similar to each other & my weeks to be also fairly similar to each other, accordingly I regularly think the same thoughts and post the same observations on my blog--but I do like running with S., he is just a faster runner than I am, he keeps me up to the mark! Otherwise I would be doing all endurance training and never get any faster...

(I am going to do my damnedest to get faster this summer, though.)

Bicycle-related progress: thanks to the kindness of strangers, I have a mechanics tutorial set up for Saturday afternoon. Tire-changing, putting wheels properly back on afterwards (and getting them off in the first place!), detaching and reattaching pedals. Also the coach of the Columbia cycling club in a follow-up e-mail offers this very helpful link...

No comments: