Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday gym

I had the most heavenly workout this morning with M. Just one of the really delightful ones where you find yourself able to work extremely hard all the way through--I was dripping with sweat, it was super-enjoyable!

I'm not going to do much lower-body stuff over the coming weeks, I don't want to overdo it on the legs. So we went through a nice version of the usual core routine (3 x front and side planks, cobra, push-ups, "quadruped," V-raise and another core exercise whose name I do not know but which involves bringing up straight legs and arms holding weighted bar at the same time, a minute of jump-rope), then some very enjoyable other stuff.

The two most delightfully evil bits: a deceptively simple-seeming shoulder-press (overhead, and then down to bring elbows together in a sort of perpendicular position at the front) done while standing in squat position on the Bosu ball (you really feel it on the abs!), and holding for a couple seconds in each position; jackknife with palms planted on ground and tops of feet on stability ball, bending legs to bring ball up underneath torso.

Hmmmm, I like both of those...

No comments: