Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday run

A very solid long run just now. Enjoyable. Not as easy as I thought it would be.

(Expectations were unrealistic, needless to say! Why did I think it would be a total breeze? I haven't done a run that long since the Queens half in February--and I did again today what I have done several times recently, which is get up and eat a modest breakfast on assumption that I would go out shortly to run, then dragged my heels all morning and not really left the house till closer to noon, at which point I am rather underfueled. Had half a packet of Clif Blox around mile 6 and the other half around mile 9. Lemon-lime flavor, which I had not tried before. Most acceptable--the Blox are more chewable in warmer weather also! Must go and eat immediately--I now barely have time to digest before swimming, arghhhh!)

11.5 miles, avg pace 10:20, avg HR 151

No comments: