Friday, December 3, 2010

Session #7

Very happy to be back in the gym with Carla. Lungs were better than I expected (some coughing, not bad though), but overall fatigue was overwhelming - I felt queasy whenever I did anything more high-intensity in terms of cardiovascular demands, and we called it short at 45 minutes as I was really ready to stop! I was not at all sure I was going to be able to walk home without taking a rest - it may be underfueling, too, though I did have half a Clif builder's bar for breakfast, so that should have been OK.

Anyway we're back on track now, I think: I'll see her Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8am for the rest of the month, and she's not going away over Xmas, so that's good, though the gym is of course closed over the two holiday weekends...

45 mins. strength
30 mins. walk

2 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I wouldn't be surprised if you needed to eat more than you typically do before your workout since you are still recovering. Your body is doing all kinds of extra work!

Black Knight said...

Welcome back. I am with Danielle, you'd have to help your body eating a little more until the total recover. Have a good week end.