Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thursday run

A nice one, though shortish - there is a natural turning-around point at what the Garmin tells me is exactly the 2-mile mark, where the sidewalk temporarily stops at the entrance to the public beach, and I decided to turn back there.

(I need to start doing long easyish trainer rides a couple afternoons a week, and it occurs to me that it might be more likely I'd done one of those later in the day if I didn't do quite so much first thing in the morning!)

There is an amazing phenomenon in Cayman, I have learned, with the rather lovely name of Christmas breeze. Usually it is what can only be described as too darn hot for me here, but a cold front often moves in in December. It is good! (Check out the last paragraph of that article, though, which is from last year: "The cold front will also bring cooler temperatures. Saturday’s high is only expected to reach 81°F (27°C) and Sunday’s low is expected to dip to 72°F (22°C)" !!!!!!! As a cool-weather person, I am astounded by this perspective on weather in the low 70s!)

Knees much less sore than the other day; maybe I'm getting acclimated? (Also yesterday at the gym was more focused on shoulders, arms, back - I guess that makes a difference.)

I'll do my long run Saturday morning on the treadmill at the gym, and perhaps a short early-evening run on Sunday; I think 4 runs/week is preferable to 3 just now, especially as I don't seem to be swimming.

45:05, 4.03mi., avg pace 11:11, avg HR 155

1 comment:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Gosh, that sounds brutally hot to me. I lived in the Dominican Republic for two years, so I know I could handle it, but man do I like cool weather! This is actually the major downside to the job in Sydney - it's a hot city!