Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesday run

A nice little run - I should have done it yesterday evening, but I was overcome with weariness and laziness! It's a bit too sunny out there if I don't go out till 7:30am, which is the earliest time that's really realistic for me, so I think I will prefer to stick with the evening slot when it's possible, but it's good to have this as a backup in the case of failures of will.

I ran steady, taking short (c. 30 second?) unscheduled walk breaks whenever I needed a few mouthfuls of water from the Camelbak or just to bump my heart rate down a notch.

1:00, 5.32 miles, avg. pace 11:17 (no point giving HR data as the first 20 mins. or so I was getting implausibly high numbers!)

Knees quite sore - it is bad, this business of very slow running on concrete, it will be better once I'm going a bit faster again. I'll do my long run this week on the treadmill rather than outside - the water supply issues are too bothersome for anything much over an hour.


Becca said...

Very impressed that you are getting back to it, and with such progress. Also impressed with word count! So far, knock wood, December seems to be a definitive improvement.

Danielle in Iowa in Seattle said...

Can you run loops for water? I can't bear to run more than an hour on the treadmill!