Saturday, February 11, 2012

Run!

A good one, really.  Lungs still feeling beat up from last week's ailment, and the weather isn't beautiful; the southward leg felt like I was going at a really good clip, in fact I added a hair onto my 30-minute turnaround and actually made it to the sanitation pier at 59th St., which means I'm definitely running faster than I was a month ago.  Then I turned around and realized that I was running, discouragingly, directly into a headwind!  Toiled all the way home, but really it was fine, it's not that cold.

(Woke up this morning an hour before my alarm was due to go off with high anxiety about volume and intensity of work to be done, so canceled plan to spend entire morning exercising - had to get more work under my belt first... Also, it was snowing, and the idea of an epic run-to-Chelsea-Piers-with-spin-shoes-and-change-of-clothes-in-backpack just seemed perverse...)

1:02 run (c. 6 miles)

No comments: