Sunday, September 6, 2015

Compromise run

Could have been better, but at least I got an approximation of it done - I think it was the right choice not to leave it for later and risk not doing it at all (which was what happened yesterday!).

(Not really sorry about yesterday in that I basically just stuck at my desk and literally and metaphorically cleared up piles and piles of stuff, that was possibly all I had in me for the day. Have a long-overdue lawyer's appointment this week to make my will and needed to gather information from various parties, clean up some stuff in the online retirement account including making sure beneficiaries are all named correctly, etc. etc.)

Anyway snoozed alarm way too many times, and I had the hard deadline of a brunch meet-up at 12:30, so by the time I got out I really wasn't going to be able to do the full ninety minutes anyway. Then it came clear that everything down the back of my right-hand leg just wasn't feeling good: tender glute-hamstring attachment, woefully tight Achilles area, soreness on lower back above the hit. I switched from straight jogging to 4:1 jog-walk around the fifteen-minute mark to loosen things up, but it didn't help as much as I'd hoped.

Anyway 1:05 only as mostly 4:1. Humidity is lower but it's still very hot in direct sun, I would have been better off doing loops in "my" shadier bit of the park. Am still planning on getting to masters swim later....

No comments: