Sunday, September 20, 2015

Long run!

Saturday was an unwanted null day - I had asked coach to change my long run to Sunday, as the past two weekends I seem to have been completely inertial on Saturdays, and he obliged, with just a short one on Saturday's schedule, but then I talked myself into wanting to do the long one Saturday evening (two extended friend and family obligations on Sunday), and that meant I didn't get out at all, which is idiotic!

Today was high frazzle factor. I couldn't make myself get up at 8 in time to do the run, but I am pleased with myself in a small way for not letting that kill the whole thing - took running stuff with me downtown for midday family meetup, went to Chelsea Piers mid-afternoon and did my run on the track there, then raced back uptown in a taxi to meet old friends from out of town in Central Park. I am now completely wiped out, but very relieved I didn't have another null exercise day (only not very happy with myself that all the work I should have done this weekend still awaits my attention!).

I started my running intervals too hard - it's not a proper interval workout, just a way of varying speeds when I am running so slowly for my "steady" pace - pulled back a bit so that I could complete the whole thing.

:90 total

:15 warmup

10 x 6:00 (1:30 hard, 1:00 walk, 1:00 hard, 1:00 walk, :30 hard, 1:00 walk)

:15 brisk walk cooldown

Week in review still only has three runs, which is NOT very impressive for someone who has made a commitment to run almost every day - will keep trying to do better at this. On the other hand, they were three QUALITY runs, and I had 3 10-mile bike rides, :30 easy spin and four sessions of lifting (deadlifts, squats, 2 bench). Really going to try and do better this coming week!

No comments: