Thursday, April 28, 2016

Squats!

In spite of (because of?) having sent my omnibus review Tuesday and taught my last class last night, I am feeling extremely emotionally fragile! Just tired I think. Didn't run earlier, mostly because trying to save legs for squatting but also because of logistics. Took a taxi to the gym as I just couldn't face the notion of subway after the other day - finished some work there, had vague notion I MIGHT run home after workout but of course that was unrealistic! We were disorganized in our workout today - there was some huge gathering of NYU sorority gals having what as far as I could guess was a basketball tournament in costume (angels, devils, unicorns, etc.), RIDICULOUSLY loud. Josh and I are in agreement that my squatting is erratic enough that I need a spotter even at pretty low weights, but I hate asking, and it can't just be anybody as for squats unlike bench it needs to be someone strong and experienced who will actually be able to lift up the bar if necessary!

First I got the wrong workout by mistake (my fault, but we're also just in transition to a much larger group and it can be harder to figure out what's going on), did half of it before switching to my "real" one - then it just took FOREVER, and I only did minimum reps and sets out of the range. Anyway, good getting it done, and my pause squats were good enough....

Mistaken first bit:

4 x 3 @ 75

Real first set:

4 x 2 @ 105

Pause squats:

3 x 3 (3-second hold) @ 95 (I said I didn't think I could do it because of confidence issues, so it was a minor triumph when Josh made me do it and it was fine! Arghhhh, I do not enjoy the mental wrestling I have with this lift!)

3 minutes abs with Tabitha (hook ankles together and use 8lb medicine ball to do sit-ups, passing the ball back and forth)

Bulgarian split squats: 3 x 6 @ 10s

hip thrusts with band: 100

It took about an hour and a half but I should really only properly log an hour, I was standing around feeling miserable for lots of stretches of that! The noise of the basketball folks was making me feel like I needed a Xanax....

No comments: