Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday swim

I was locked in yesterday evening and all of today on a work conference. Long run rescheduled for Sunday, but I was pretty much hell-bent on swimming either last night or during the lunch break today, with at least notional willingness to remain flexible on which it would be!

(Am just now unduly irked because restaurant where I made reservation for 7:30 family dinner this evening for seven people just called to ask why we did not appear for 5:15 reservation - ARGHHHHH! - I am now waiting for them to call back and confirm the correct reservation, but I am worried they will not have space!)

Anyway, it turned out that really I did need to go to a reception last night (I'm bowing out of tonight's dinner because of aforesaid family obligation), so today it was - I suffered high irk as the second morning panel ran later and later and the previously generous 1:45-long lunch break shrank to 55 minutes! However I did get in a very nice swim, and it was not at all crowded (as witnessed by lots of backstroke and actual time intervals in workout below!), so that was a plus.

Warmup: 100 free, 50 back, 100 free, 100 back, 100 free, 150 back, 100 free (700)

5 x 100 leisurely IM (whip kick on breast for first 2, then dolphin kick on breast for last 3 - trying to give hip adductor a chance to finish getting better!)

10 x 50 free, odds fast on :50, evens easy on 1:10

50 easy back

1750 yards total

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you for squeezing a swim in. (Short swims are sometimes just the best thing.)

Dolphin + breaststroke pull = excellent undulation drill

ShirleyPerly said...

I used to think short swims were not worth doing but now that I have a YMCA membership and the pool is only 2 miles away, even a 1000 yard swim is worth doing.

Hope the restaurant is able to honor the original reservation.