Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday gym

A great workout with M. just now. Good thing I ate breakfast beforehand!

Hmmmmm, I am contemplating the possibility of moving to a more expensive apartment (in short, I work mostly at home, and live in a nice one-bedroom apartment currently, but the two things that would wildly improve my life are [a] a separate office at home - like the government, work should stay out of the bedrooom! - and [b] a washer-dryer in my own actual apartment) - but it will mean economizing - appointments with M. are one of life's luxuries - but it might be that I need to find a new income stream rather than cutting this one out...

Very nice and simple: 3 x through on the core routine, 3 x an upper-body sequence and then a bit more core-type stuff at the end. Let me try and write it down now so that I could reproduce the upper-body sequence on my own (that is the stuff I can never make myself do - I like it, it just seems too troublesome to bother with on my own...).

Core x 3: front plank, side plank, 15 x cobra with 3-pound weights, 15 pushups, 12 quadruped on each side with 8-pound weight, 15 v-raise with weighted bar, 15 toe-touches

Upper-body x 3 (seated on stability ball, with free weights one in each hand - not sure I have remembered all the weights correctly): reverse fly (8), shoulder press (8), fly (12), chest press (12), crunch (with both 12lb. weights also), bicep curl (8), kickback (8), lateral raise (5), front raise (5) (am I forgetting something?)

3 x front and side on back extension set-up with 12lb. weight; 3 x leg lifts on incline bench

No comments: