Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday run

4 miles easy (recovery run). Beautiful day for it. Too bad this season is so short...

Mostly just running around 9:30 pace, but with some stretches of 9:05-9:10 to try and get a feel for that (aspirational) marathon pace. I think it is realistic - my HR was still only in the upper 140s after four miles.

I am still full of regret that I could not have a higher-mileage plan this time round, but I guess I know it was for the best! PATIENCE!

Week 13 total: 32 miles

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I completely understand. Patience is not really my strong suit right now either!

ShirleyPerly said...

I think for some a higher mileage program just puts them at more risk for injury. There's always time to do things differently next time around after you are confident you can handle a lower mileage program with no problems.

Keep up the good work!