Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday run

It was 6:50 and pitch black outside and thirty-six degrees and as I went downstairs in the elevator to head out to meet H. at 110th and Riverside, I could only think - H. and I are crazy....

(And then - it was dark, I was not wearing my glasses because my prescription sunglasses are what I always run in and it seems absurd to wear them in the dark! - but really the problem is my poor sense of direction - I sort of ran past our meeting spot, and then I ran up and down sort of 'lost' and kept on checking cross-street street signs - argggghhhhh! In an alternate universe, I have a fully functional sense of direction - in this one, I cannot explain it to someone who does not have this, but I honestly look around me and I cannot at all tell where I am, it is partly due to moderate short-sightedness but really the problem is more that it all looks very strange and just like everything else!)

Anyway, a very delightful run - it is beautiful running along the river as the sun comes up, and it really wasn't cold at all - not much of a wind.

5.3 miles, 46:36, 8:47 pace (avg HR 158)

1 comment:

Spokane Al said...

I have found that once I am out the front door that I have some of my finest runs when the temps are in the 20s and 30s. I hope the same for you.