Monday, June 25, 2012

Beast/spin!

Weekend turned out to be a total wash for exercise.  It was a failure of willpower, really: my highest priority was novel revision, I was sleeping very badly and the weather continued to be rather warmer than is comfortable.  Clock hit six thirty, seven, seven thirty pm and I just couldn't motivate to get out the door for a run.  (I have to reinhabit the notion that it is possible to run in warm early evening weather, though: I think I forget this every year and have to relearn it as the weather warms up.)

Today, though, was good.  A useful session of novel revision at the Chelsea Piers cafe, then boot camp and spin class.  My first one using the Suunto monitor connected to the class set-up; it's highly motivational seeing HR and zone up on a big screen at the front of the room.  Not all of the teachers really integrate them into the class, but for these classes I really like, the teacher will give instructions about HR zones, it's very good.

1hr boot camp
50min spin

1 comment:

Black Knight said...

I am sure you are writing another beautiful novel.
Difficult to get out the door for a run when outside it is hot. I choose a route with many fountains.