Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Spin/swim!

I had a good day after all - the air-conditioning at Chelsea Piers is mighty enough to combat the current heat wave, I got very solid work done on my book revision and my second workout was satisfactory.  Spin on my own was highly worthwhile and much better than an ill-tooled group class.  Pool was crowded and I was tired, so I didn't stay in long: I'm really going for frequency rather than duration over the next month or so, will ramp up volume as it suits.  Saw my old lanemate Joe at the pool, which was nice: he has been working in Singapore for the last three years, flying back tomorrow. 

1hr spin: 3 x 10min high zone 2/zone 3 (5 x 2min alternating seated and standing), 3min rest
500 yards swim (5 x 100, evens free, odds IM with fly drill)

No comments: