Sunday, March 17, 2013

Long bike!

Now that really was lovely. Beautiful relaxing bike ride, zone 2 with some bits of zone 3 (it was a bit slow as I was riding into the wind for a large proportion of the time) - avg HR 139. Rode out to the East End and did the loop clockwise, then an extra bit of out-and-back - I was shooting for 3:00, but due to a couple of stops for refueling and having left a bit later than I intended, I only got to 2:45. B. then very kindly met me with the vehicle at the beach at the Frank Sound Junction - traffic escalates over the course of the morning to the extent that the ride home at 10 or 11 is much less safe than the ride out at 7am.

2:45, 40 miles, avg speed 14.3mph, avg HR 139

Turned into a good training week after all despite having missed Monday due to fatigue and too many obligations and Thursday due to travel. Will continue to prioritize spinning and cycling while I'm here - will go to Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday double spin at Revolutions, then ride long again next Sunday.

Total hours for the week: 10:47

No comments: