Monday, April 20, 2015

Mini-run!

The "what goes down must come up edition" - my mother lives near the top of a hill (Midvale Avenue), it's a ten-minute jog downhill to the Schuylkill, which must rank as one of America's most beautiful urban runs, but then you have to figure out what to do about getting back up the hill....

It was raining so heavily in the early morning that I didn't think I'd realistically be able to get out at all, but by mid-morning, it was a light drizzle only, and no reason not to. Lawyer picking me up at 12:45 so we can do the business at City Hall, then memorial 3:30-5:30 on the Penn campus, then dinner at my mom's.

(In the end I jogged 15 minutes out and then turned around, which gives you some nice minutes by the river - switched to powerwalking a couple minutes in once I was back at the bottom of Midvale. About :22 jogging, then another :12 or so powerwalk.)

:22/:12

No comments: