Saturday, April 11, 2015

Workout of utter bliss!!!!

The endorphins SLIGHTLY wore off on my trip home, but it was gloriously enjoyable. We did a good session of the standard upper-body stuff (I initially overreached a bit, I am still learning the psychological-physiological tricks for how to lift more - bad to try it too soon in the workout!): did main work set of 5 x 5 x 95, but got a good double at 100 at the end. Close-grip lighter-weight work.

Then some squats with light weight and emphasis on technique (still touch-and-go whether I really get deep enough, but I am starting to get the feel of it).

Then we went into the SAND, which always feels like play, and did an amazingly intense circuit: 6 x (3 back-and-forth of the backwards medicine-ball toss, 1 lap running in sand).

about 1.5hr total, it was great! I forgot how much I LOVE the thing of building up endurance and stamina - I feel like it is a particular strength of mine (psychological and physiological) to be able to work pretty hard for a pretty long time. I am doing a mountainous 10K in 3 weeks and it will not behoove me to suddenly start running a ton more, that's a recipe for disaster, but this sort of session is superb.

No comments: