Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Run!

This whole week has felt like I'm teetering on the edge of disaster: in fact the only time I feel at all normal is when I'm actually exercising! I am in true horrible triage mode, just doing the bare minimum to keep my head above water; this has its own benefits, of course, but it doesn't contribute to a feeling of ease and competence. I got home late afternoon and though I should have gotten out the door for my run (didn't have time to do it in the morning), instead I went to bed and slept for two hours and woke up around 7 feeling just awful - absolutely incapable of doing anything whatsoever!

However my Inner David talked me into doing some kind of a run after all (basically it became clear to me that the amount of self-castigation I was having about not doing it was so horrible that I had better just give in and get out for SOMETHING, even if just 20 minutes) - ID, calmly, "Twenty minutes is still a success, you can do it" JMD: NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo I can do nothing I am an idiot! ID: "Twenty nice easy minutes!"

And in fact at this time of year it's such lovely weather and light so late in the evening, it was really nice. I felt good enough after five minutes that I thought I might try and do the full projected hour, but I felt upset again for no reason around the fifteen-minute mark so I turned around at 20. Very beneficial, though. Now I will shower and get some dinner.

:40 as 4:1 run-walk

No comments: