Thursday, February 4, 2016

Lower body!

That was really good. We started using this safety squat bar last week and it seems incredibly helpful for me in particular - my block on squats is more mental than physical, and with this bar I feel a lot more stable and secure. Good workout today - the infrastructure is changing a little but the transition seems to have worked pretty smoothly. I really want to be able to do a decent squat for the meet in May, but decent in this case has more to do with me feeling that the lift has become absolutely reliable and predictable to me than anything specific in the way of numbers - I'm working out at a very low percentage of max due to caution.

kneeling medicine ball slam (8lb): 3 x 6

squats with safety bar: 4 x 10 x 80

weighted eccentric lunges (1 chain): 3 x 8 x 6 seconds descending

dumbbell hamstring curls: 3 x 10 x 37.5

8 x :30 plank on 1:00 (substitution for 200 abs with band)

c. 1.5hr with warmup and stretching

No comments: