Thursday, February 25, 2016

Squats!

This week is actually trying to kill me - I wouldn't say I'm at the end of my tether, but I'm definitely at the limit of my resources....

I'm pretty much down to bare bones on workouts - I intended to do a treadmill run as well as squatting, but I didn't have time to do it before (didn't eat lunch till almost 4 due to circumstances beyond my control, needed to digest!) and I don't think it's smart to do it post-squat when I'm so overextended in life stress. I felt subjectively very tired, but not having run over the last few days probably helped me lift better/heavier.

Josh was in a very stern mood and having self-reproach about not having pushed me hard enough on this lift over the past couple months. So I had what is probably the best set I've done yet with the safety squat bar. Still with box - Josh offered a deal at the end that if I can get up to sets at 135 he'll let me get rid of the box, that is a good incentive....

Single-leg hip thrusts: 3 x 12

Squats (safety squat bar and box): warmup set of 10 with bar (70), then 6 x 10 at 80, 80, 85, 90, 90, 100

Eccentric lunges (1 chain): 5 x 6 (7 seconds descending)

Hip thrust with band and slight knee movement to outside: 3 x 30

Then I stretched. Call it an hour - need to eat again now, I am woefully down on calories for the day....

No comments: