Friday, February 26, 2016

Run!

I always have a lot of trouble falling asleep, and it wasn't a surprise that I was still awake at 2:30 - at that point I turned off my "optimistic - might be able to run before 9:30 meeting" alarm and only left on the "absolutely must get up at that time" one. But in fact stress levels are running high enough that I had the (for me) relatively rare visitation of the fantastically named TERMINAL insomnia. Was fully awake at 6:15, couldn't go back to sleep. Have been having total yen to run this week just as I haven't been able to, so I took advantage of wakefulness to get out for a beautiful easy half-hour down to the river. I love the light at that time of day - it's not quite up to freezing and a bit windy, but I am very keen on that kind of a sunny slightly wintry run! And have now cooked and eaten a large omelet with spinach and feta and black beans, so I feel that the day is altogether off to a better start than the last few have been....

:30 run!

No comments: