Monday, March 14, 2016

Update

Came here to log my deadlift workout - but did I forget to log hot yoga earlier?!?

Anyway: 1hr hot yoga mid-morning; then mid-afternoon :50 deadlift. Marred by slippery hands - do I have chalk here? I was working out outside on "Muscle Beach" (the Crossfit area) and I just couldn't hold onto the bar; I think I lost calluses in January and haven't been lifting heavy enough to build them fully back up again. Last week's rack pulls chewed 'em all up! So I had to modify weights a bit.

Main deadlift work set: 5 x 2 x 205 (was doing last couple sets basically as singles with hand-drying pause)

Deficit deadlifts: 4 x 2 x 185-205 (did a couple at 185 but lowered weight to 175 in attempt to get the bar to stay in my hands!)

Single-arm rows: 3 x 10 x 45 (should have been 50+ precisely in order to work on grip strength, but I couldn't find a 50 and my hands were pretty much done by that point anyway!)

Banded hip thrust: 3 x 20 with 3-second isometric hold

Abs: 2 x 1:00 plank (I was really just ready to stop by then)

No comments: