Saturday, January 27, 2018

Ladder run!

I think I will just paste in my training log entry: "Hahahaha, that was SO FUN! It is hard to explain why I like this kind of "ladder" workout so much except to say that it is like a corset for anxiety - not the uncomfortable kind of corset, more like the harness when you're ziplining, or that machine that Temple Grandin invented that compresses anxious cattle at the slaughtetrhouse! Have established bus route to Luxembourg Gardens (it is a very direct route, though I was freezing waiting at the stop to come home - but have high psychological toleration for cold, unlike heat which makes me frazzled!), took bus there, did my 90 as 30 warmup at 2:1 and then 2 sets of your funny ladder, WHICH I LOVE! It's flat there unlike my nearby park run, this is much easier on back (could feel tightness build to the end of the longer jog intervals, but otherwise fine). My right butt cheek is clearly suffering/benefiting from the stretch at yoga, at first it just felt tingly and then it increasingly felt like a block of wood! May try a few days of ibuprofen to see if I can quiet the inflammation, but I think it's part of the process of getting it back to normal functionality...."

David's funny ladder (it adds up to 30 minutes so it's really a fun one to have in the arsenal - it reminded me of a certain kind of swim workout; I miss swimming!):

1 x 4:1
2 x 3:1
3 x 2:1
4 x 1:1

No comments: