Saturday, October 26, 2019

Friday-Saturday catch-up

Friday was pretty much a perfect day: I was supposed to chair a tenure case for the A&S committee in the morning, but that got rescheduled for two weeks from today (giving me crucial extra time to read the materials - I will take them to Cayman with me and do it all there, since I have one last promotion letter for another university that I need to write this weekend). So it was like a gift of a morning: I woke up before the alarm, had 40 as 1:1 in the park, came home and did my 15 minutes PT+, then went for a very nice swim. 1200 yards total: 200 swim, 200 kick on back, 2 x 100 drill-swim by 25 (back, free). 5 x 100 IM on 3:00 (I need about 2:20, bad turns - nice other swimmer has really good turns and always practices them as part of her workout, I need to start doing that), 100 easy swim down as 50 back, 50 free.

Saturday: long sleep, that was good, but rather late going out for my run. Beautiful weather, SORE BACK! 90 with 20 as 1:1, 40 as 4:1, 30 as 1:1 - written as a full hour of 4:1 but it was just too uncomfortable.

No comments: