Thursday, October 3, 2019

Wednesday-Thursday update

Wednesday: warm but pleasant 1hr as 1:1.

Thursday: 9am meeting, hoped to get up early and run first but woke up around 3 and only slept lightly thereafter with much tossing and turning, could barely get up in time for the meeting let alone earlier. So I brought all the stuff with me and had a great double! 30 as 1:1 on the Columbia track (and WOAH I was wearing the Hokas and that plus indoor track surface lead to springy mega-bounce, it was lovely, I felt like I was jogging on the moon!!!!), then right downstairs to the pool for about 50 mins. Warmup: 200 kick on back, 200 pull, 200 as 2 x 100 RaLaCuBa, 200 as 25 thumbs-and-salute drill, 25 swim. (Highly beneficial.) 300 as 4 x 75 kick-drill-swim, first two fly (gosh the fitness comes quickly!), 2nd two back. A nice 100 IM concentrating on form, then 150 frog kick with board (need to work on my breast, it's my least favorite stroke and inevitably also the worst by far) and 50 swim. 1400 yards total.

I don't really need to leave here till maybe 7:30 (I would say 8 but I am remembering that time it took two full hours to get to JFK - this shouldn't be like that, it's later into the evening, but just as a precaution). Need to write the second half of my conference talk!

No comments: