Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday run

Very nice run with former student L. just now. Jogged over to Central Park and did the loop--I have now slightly lost confidence in the measurements of my Polar device, but let us say 6.6 miles, 10:54 average pace, 155 average HR and 177 max (I had a lovely surge up Harlem Hill at the end, I haven't had the chance to do any hill work to speak of over the last month and I was strongly thinking of Al's post. Hmmm, that is a very enjoyable feeling, and I now feel really back in the swing of things as far as running goes. Time to start building up the long run and also doing some more intense hill stuff and some minor speed stuff here and there also--I am full of enthusiasm...

1 comment:

Levi Stahl said...

I'm too undedicated to ever do speed work--the only time I sprint is when I'm playing the outfield.

But hills are another story. I love hills, and I'm living in the wrong city for them. I always look forward to running in Central Park when I visit New York for that reason alone, though it's the visits to my in-laws in northern California that really are a hill-runner's treat.