Saturday, March 8, 2008

Saturday trainer ride

I have to make it through one more week of school before spring break, at which point I have a week where I can collapse and also ponder my training schedule and do it properly for the next couple blocks of weeks. I have a clearer sense now of priorities, including the notion of having four or five long and/or double workouts between now and early May that are for building mental confidence as well as fitness for extended sessions of exercise...

Just did 90 minutes on the trainer, my favored 5.0 Mental Toughness workout. I did pop in the two-hour 9.0 "Have Mercy" video at first, but was daunted by the long and complicated list of different components (I think it's a patchwork creation of bits from lots of different workouts)--I made a hasty decision that it was too advanced for me and that I had better stick with the one I've done already, which I know suits my purposes very well. (Still got 90 minutes of swimming to do also this afternoon.) I am thinking that my longer rides should really just be done outside at a somewhat easier effort level--I will try that 9.0 one of these days, but not the day before a longish run...

85ish mins. (forgot to start monitor right away), avg HR 138, max HR 164

Cycling fitness is definitely improving. Of course these trainer rides give no benefits to speak of in terms of road confidence or bike handling skills, but it is noticeable to me how much my pedaling technique has improved, much smoother and stronger than at the beginning...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to get it done, Jenny!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the informative post. I came across www.confidencebuildingcourses.com recently and i found out that they have plenty of guides on building confidence. I find it really useful. Any opinions?